Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Slight Hopscotch Wrap Up


Lesser Life


Suppressive Fire





Wahya's





Soon





Shitty Boots


Solar Halos



 MAKE



Hopscotch was this past weekend in Raleigh, and even though the line up was really good, I ended up not seeing as many shows as I originally intended to see. I did manage to see the killer MAKE, Vattnet Viskar, Locrian lineup at the Metal Lunchbox day show at Neptune's on Saturday, as well as the Primitive Ways day show at the Pour House on Thursday. My favorite show may well have been Nuggets-style psych rockers Shitty Boots on Friday at Slim's. It was also cool to catch free day party sets by Guardian Alien, The Bronzed Chorus and Nest Egg (Krautrockers from Asheville).

One big thing did happen for me over the weekend: My camera's hot shoe was destroyed when it fell off a monitor while I was capturing video of Vattnet Viskar. That was pretty upsetting, but I've been contemplating upgrading for a while, so I think it's going to happen sooner than later.

No comments: